Here are some healthy and detoxifying snack options that will boost your metabolism and keep you on track while you’re detoxing throughout the week.
1. Asparagus: Cooking up this veggie is a delicious and healthy snack, not just because it detoxifies the liver, but also because it helps your body to flush out all impurities.
2. Apples: This fruit is filling, satisfying and it can help suppress unhealthy cravings. If a sneaky sugar craving creeps up when you’re detoxing, grab an apple. Green apples are especially good for decreasing appetite.
3. Green Smoothie: A small size smoothie is the perfect mid-meal snack. The recipe is two handfuls of baby spinach, 1 apple, 1 bananas, 1 cup of yogurt, 5 strawberries, 1/2 orange. Blend well and…voila! You have yourself a glass of detox goodness.
4. Homemade Trail Mix: The homemade version could be just the kind of healthy snack that keeps your body energized. We recommend mixing pistachios, almonds, dried cranberries, and hemp seeds, which are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, protein, zinc, iron, potassium, and calcium. We also like to add dried goji berries, which are powerful antioxidants that are rich in Vitamin A.
5. Watermelon: watermelon helps your liver and kidneys flush out impurities. Watermelon tea can do the trick too!
6. Pineapple: Pineapples are known for their abilities to cleanse the pores in your lungs and reduce stomach fat. Eat a few chunks of this sweet fruit on an empty stomach to reap the benefits of its powerful enzymes.
7. Chia Fresca: This drink is supposed to aid in detoxification in the body…especially the morning after a fun night out. Simply soak half a tablespoon of chia seeds in a glass of water for 10 minutes, then add a squirt of lime. Refreshing…
8. Grapefruit: Grapefruit also helps to curb hunger, but it doesn’t stop there. This citrus fruit boosts your metabolism and packs in a ton of vitamin C, good for fighting off colds and giving your skin a glow.
9. Celery: Celery is a great source of fiber, which means it can help move food through your digestive tract. Grab a few celery sticks and peanut butter for a heart-healthy snack that will leave you full and satisfied.
10. Avocados: Aside from lowering cholesterol, avocados contain a nutrient called glutathione, which blocks at least 30 different carcinogens while helping the liver detoxify synthetic chemicals. Add some of this green goodness to your smoothies or salads.